Community Referrals & Resources
Child Care Aware® of Eastern Kansas has information regarding parent and community resources in 33 counties:
Call 785-357-5171 or 1-877-678-2548 for help in these areas:
• Counseling – Referrals for adults and children, including options that are no cost or based on income.
• Parenting – Referrals to listings of classes and groups for moms and dads, regardless of the ages of the children.
• Support Groups – Regularly scheduled groups (many times at no cost) offering support for dealing with medical problems, divorce, chemical dependency or other emergency issues.
• Emergency Help – Call 211 for ideas on where to locate assistance for utilities, food, rent, prescriptions and legal help.
• Referrals to Assistance – Call for referrals for the elderly, recreation ideas, small business information, civic and professional organization contacts and many other resources to answer any question.
• Employment – Referrals on where to locate job training programs and employment opportunities.
• Housing – Referrals to rental properties and homeownership programs.
Referrals are at no cost.
If you are a current community partner of our agency with contact information changes, or if you would like to become a partner, or have a resource to share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the United States, its territories, and Canada, the Hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who, through interpreters, can provide assistance in 170 languages. The Hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service and support resources. All calls are anonymous and confidential. The Kansas 24 hour reporting hotline is 800-922-5330.