Child Care Providers – Kansas Department for Children & Families, formerly SRS, Subsidy Program
The Child Care Subsidy Program helps pay for child care costs. It helps many types of families. These include the following:
• Families who receive TAF (Temporary Assistance for Families) - This program helps these families get and keep jobs.
• Low-income, working families.
• Some families in education or training activities - This provides help for keeping a job or getting a better job.
• Teen parents completing high school or GED.
Providers must enroll with the Kansas Department for Children & Families, previously SRS, to be eligible for payment from parents. They must be able to receive payments electronically (direct deposit) into a bank account.
Regulated providers interested in the Kansas Department for Children & Families enrollment to serve subsidized families should click here or call the following numbers sorted by county:
• 913-279-7195, 913-279-7587 or 913-279-7423 for Douglas.
• 785-296-5661 for Brown, Coffey, Doniphan, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Marshall, Miami, Nemaha, Osage, Pottowatomie, Shawnee & Wabaunsee.
• 316-337-6370 for Elk & Greenwood.
• 620-429-3014, ext. 238, for Allen, Anderson, Bourbon, Cherokee, Crawford, Chautauqua, Labette, Linn, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson & Woodson.
• 620-342-2505, ext. 268, for Chase, Geary, Lyon, Morris & Riley.
How Parents Pay
Child care assistance is issued to families using the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Vision card. It is similar to a debit card. Cash and food assistance are also issued through the Vision card. Assistance is put into a child care account on the Vision card on the first of every month. Families use this assistance to pay providers electronically during the month.
eFunds Corporation is the EBT contractor in Kansas. They actually transfer the money to the provider’s bank account when the family requests it. Providers must enroll with eFunds Corporation in order to get payment.
For further information on the Child Care Subsidy Program:
• Go to www.dcf.ks.gov.
• Call 1-888-369-4777.
• Pick up applications at any Department for Children & Families Office/Access Point.
Efficiency tools for the Kansas Department for Children & Families Child Care Providers… on the web!
The Kansas Department for Children & Families, previously SRS, is pleased to announce a new service for child care providers who receive payments via the Kansas Vision card. This web portal will allow providers to log into a secure site to access a variety of services. The ebtEdge site is hosted by eFunds, contractor for State EBT (electronic benefits transfer) transactions. Industry standard security measures assure that only the provider can access the information in their EBT payment account. (This is not the provider’s bank account.)
Providers will be able to view and print daily deposits from Vision card payments. Drill-down capability will allow details of individual payments included in the total deposit to be viewed, for example, who made the payment, date, time, etc.
Provider information including: address, phone number, hours of operation and transaction processing cutoff time can also be viewed on the site, along with the provider’s current EBT contract information. Documents such as POS guides, help topics and news will also be posted to the site. These new and exciting tools will enhance current business management practices and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.